Saturday, June 8, 2013

BRU and Varalli in Philly; Harpoon and Mike's Pastry in Boston

Quite a few tastes today.  I will start up with the beer I had at BRU (as compared to Megan's horrible Carton Intermezzo.  Then I'll clear up some leftovers from Varalli in Philly, continue with 12 tastes from Harpoon Brewing, and lastly two tastes from Mike's Pastry in Boston.  Oh - also Philly cheesesteak from .... Philly.

  1. Jim's Steaks - Philly cheesesteak:  I had provolone, mayo,onions, and peppers on mine but since everything was piled on separately (and not mixed) all of one flavor came at once.  Lots of bites it mostly just tasted like meat.  It was okay, but I would try somewhere else if I did it again.  I know they were supposed to be good, but it wasn't that phenomenal to me.
  2. Allagash Interlude - tasty sour
  3. Yuengling Traditional Lager
  4. Sly Fox - O'Reilly's Stout
  5. Elysian - Superfuzz Blood Orange Pale
  6. Stoudt's - Four Play IPA Batch #2
  7. Stoudt's - Scarlet Lady
  8. Elysian - Loki Lager
  9. Stoudt's - Pils
  10. Avery - Karma
  11. Harpoon - Black IPA
  12. Harpoon - White IPA
  13. Harpoon - Rich and Dan's Rye IPA
  14. Harpoon - IPA
  15. Harpoon - UFO Pale Ale
  16. Harpoon - UFO Raspberry Hefeweizen
  17. Harpoon - UFO Hefeweizen
  18. Harpoon - UFO White
  19. Harpoon - Midsummer Fling
  20. Harpoon - Unglutened IPA
  21. Harpoon - A.L.S. Session IPA
  22. Harpoon - Aged Wheat :  I'd already added 3 new beers and you're supposed to be very careful about adding even 1, so I'm just going to leave this one here.  Pours a clear reddish gold, heavy head and lacing, wheat on the nose.  This is distinctly NOT a hefeweizen, but a wheat ale.  
  23. Mike's Pastry - Chocolate Ricotta Cannoli - yummy, yummy, yummy
  24. Mike's Pastry - Boston Cream Pie - also yummy, yummy, yummy
Tomorrow we're off to Maine and mostly camping so updates will probably be a bit far between the next 4-5 days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment